Associate Professor of Marketing
BE, 1995, MBA 1997, University of Delhi, India.
Ph.D. 2005, University of Chicago.
At Stanford since 2005.
- "Bayesian Estimation of Discrete Games of Complete Information", Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Vol 11, No. 1, March 2013, pp. 39-81.
- "Estimation of Causal Installed Base Effects: A Bias Correction Approach," with Harikesh Nair, Journal of Marketing Research, Vol 50, No. 1, February 2013, pp. 70-94.
- "An Empirical Analysis of Individual-Level Casino Gambling Behavior", with Puneet Manchanda, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, vol. 10, March 2012, pp. 27-62.
- "Identifying Causal Marketing-Mix Effects Using a Regression Discontinuity Design", with Wesley Hartmann and Harikesh Nair,, Marketing Science, vol. 30, November 2011, pp. 1079-1097.
- "Heterogeneous Learning and the Targeting of Marketing Communication for New Products", with Puneet Manchanda, Marketing Science, Vol. 28, No. 3, May-June 2009, pp. 424-441. Finalist for the John D. C. Little Award.
- "Discrete Choice Models of Firms' Strategic Decisions," with M. Draganska, S. Misra, V. Aguirregabiria, P. Bajari, L. Einav, P. Ellickson, D. Horsky, Y. Orhun, P. Reiss, K. Seim, R. Thomadsen, V. Singh and T. Zhu, Marketing Letters, vol. 19, pp. 399-416.
- "The Role of Self Selection, Usage Uncertainty and Learning in the Demand for Local Telephone Service", with Pradeep K. Chintagunta and Eugenio J. Miravete, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Vol. 5, March 2007, pp. 1-34.
- "Understanding Firm, Physician and Consumer Choice Behavior in the Health Care Industry," with Puneet Manchanda, Dick Wittink, Andrew Ching, Paris Cleanthous, Min Ding, Xiaojing Dong, Peter Leeflang, Sanjog Misra, Natalie Mizik, Thomas Steenburgh, Jaap Wieringa, Marta Wosinska and Ying Xie, Marketing Letters, Vol. 16, December 2005, pp. 293-308.
- "Temporal Differences in the Role of Marketing Communication for New Product Categories," with Puneet Manchanda and Pradeep K. Chintagunta, Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 42, August 2005, pp. 278-291.
- "Return on Investment Implications for Pharmaceutical Promotional Expenditures: The Role of Marketing Mix Interactions," with Ramarao Desiraju and Pradeep K. Chintagunta, Journal of Marketing, Vol. 68, October 2004, pp. 90-105.
- "Measuring Position Effects in Search Advertising: A Regression Discontinuity Approach," with Kirthi Kalyanam, revision invited at Marketing Science.
- "Regression Discontinuity with Estimated Score," with Kirthi Kalyanam.
- "A New Approach to Measuring Heterogeneity in Marketing Models," with Sanjog Misra and Mitch Lovett.
- "Uncertainty, Learning and Quantity Dynamics"
- "Extremity Effects and Learning," with Ping Li.
Last updated on March 5, 2013