Associate Professor of Marketing
Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Superbowl Ads with Daniel Klapper.
- Advertising Competition in Presidential Elections, with Brett Gordon.
- Large Screens or More Shows Multiplex Configuration in the Era of Digital Cinema, with Anita Rao.
- Quantity-Based Price Discrimination Using Frequency Reward Programs, with Brian Viard.
- Internet vs. TV Advertising: A Brand-Building Comparison, with Michaela Draganska and Gena Stanglein, forthcoming in Journal of Marketing Research,
- Advertising Effects in Presidential Elections, with B. Gordon, Marketing Science, 32(1), 2013. Lead Article.
- Finalist for 2013 John D.C. Little Award.
- Identifying Causal Marketing Mix Effects Using a Regression Discontinuity Design, with H. Nair and S. Narayanan, Marketing Science, 30(6), 2011.
- Airing Your Dirty Laundry: Vertical Integration, Reputational Capital and Social Networks, with R. Gil, Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, 27(2), 2011. Lead Article.
- Finalist for 2011 JLEO Oliver E. Williamson Prize.
- Demand Estimation with Social Interactions and the Implications for Targeted Marketing, Marketing Science, 29(4), 2010. Lead Article.
- Finalist for 2010 John D.C. Little Award.
- Retail Competition and the Dynamics of Demand for Tied Goods, with H. Nair, Marketing Science, 29(2), 2010.
- Empirical Analysis of Metering Price Discrimination: Evidence from Concession Sales at Movie Theaters, with R. Gil, Marketing Science, 28(6), 2009.
- Do Frequency Reward Programs Create Switching Costs?, with V.B. Viard, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, 6(2), 2008. Lead Article.
- Modeling Social Interactions: Identification, Empirical Methods and Policy Implications, with P. Manchanda, H. Nair, M. Bothner, P. Dodds, D. Godes, K. Hosanagar, and C. Tucker, Marketing Letters, 19(3), 2008.
- The Role and Determinants of Concession Sales in Movie Theaters: Evidence from the Spanish Exhibition Industry, with R. Gil, Review of Industrial Organization, 30(4), 2007.
- Intertemporal Effects of Consumption and Their Implications for Demand Elasticity Estimates, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, 4(4), 2006. Lead Article.
- Inaugural QME Dick Wittink Prize
- Comment on Structural Modeling in Marketing: A Review and Assessment, Marketing Science, 25(6), 2006, pp. 620-621.
- Recent Advances in Structural Econometric Modeling: Dynamics, Product Positioning and Entry, with Dube, J.P., K. Sudhir, A. Ching, G. Crawford, M. Draganska, J. Fox, G. Hitsch, B. Viard, M. Villas-Boas, and N. Vilcassim, Marketing Letters, 16(3), 2005.
Work in Progress
- Individual Treatment Effects and Big Data: The Case of Electricity Demand Reduction Interventions, with Bryan Bollinger.
PhD Students on the Job Market
Graduate Student Placement
- Anita Rao* (Chicago Booth, 2012)
- Sebastien Houde (U of Maryland AREC, 2012)
- Bryan Bollinger* (NYU Stern, 2011)
- Scott Shriver (Columbia GSB, 2011)
- Taylan Yildiz* (Google, 2007)
- Matt Osborne (U of Toronto, 2013)
* Indicates that I am the primary advisor of the student.